Being up in Everett has been amazing. I absolutely love getting to spend so much time with my in-laws and getting to know each of them more. Another thing I love is Sundays and getting to be in a family ward again. I've been in a student ward for many years now so it's a welcome change.
This ward has been particularly fun. For example, today at church one of the speakers was talking about different types of persecution in the Book of Mormon compared to today's times. He asked the congregation if any of them had ever been stoned. One older gentleman sheepishly raised his hand, while the rest of us looked confused. Promptly the speaker clarified stoned as in the Biblical sense. Hearing this, the man quickly lowered his hand. I could hardly contain myself. Family wards are great.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Sunday...
Posted by
emilie s. d. p.
at
7:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
We are in a family ward and we love it!! I will NEVER go back to newly married wards (obviously... but still...) :)
Oh my gosh...that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time! I had to read it out loud to Devin. Hilarious. Well I hope you enjoy your new ward. We will definitely miss you in ours, though!!
Oh how we miss the Everett 2nd ward!!!
ha. awesome. ha. i love that the guy actually fessed up to in in sacrament. so great. i love honest people.
Yeah, Everett's a great place. My parents lived in Arlington for a few years, and I went to the singles ward in Everett one summer when I lived with my parents. Maybe you know people who know me. :)
Oh Emily that was so funny! I burst out laughing! I'm so sorry we didn't get to see each other before you left! I miss ya and I hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment