Friday, August 8, 2008

Our Utah Days are Numbered...

Many of you know Mitch and I are planning to move this November. He graduates next week and then we'll stick around a while longer while he finishes his independent study class and takes the LSAT.
Even though we still have 3 months left I have a feeling they will all fly by.
So in order to make the most of these last few months I want to know what activities/sites/etc. that we shouldn't leave Utah without experiencing. I know lots of you have lots of good ideas so please share!

Here's my list so far:

  • Moab (Arches National Park): we've already reserved a campground for Labor Day Weekend.
  • Salt Lake Temple: I still haven't been through a session here. Music and the Spoken Word.
  • Aristo's Greek Restaurant In SLC: We've been here a few times but definitely need to go one last time before we move.
  • Park City: Lots of shopping to do! DONE! What fun, thanks Lauren!!!
  • Sundance (Foundry Grill)
  • Bombay House. DONE! We actually went to the India Palace down on center street but I think its deliciousness was comparable to the Bombay House, and thanks for the advice, we ordered well.
  • Roomate Get-Together
  • Smart Cookie
(Thanks for all your input, hopefully I can keep adding to this list!)

7 comments:

janaya said...

k. here's a few of my favorites:
- the foundry grill at sundance
- the bombay house in provo (i am currently suffering from severe cravings for this place... get the chicken coconut kurma, medium. you won't be sorry)
- totally agree with the SLC temple. it's one you don't want to miss.
- i also second the moab decision. we went with another couple and rented a jeep together and camped. SO much fun, and cheaper with another couple.
- if you can find someone headed to lake powell, find a way to tag along.
- bear lake is always a fun trip.

that's all i can think of. but i'm sure there's SO much more. where are you going when you move?

melody said...

um... have one last roommate get-together before you abandon us like Kelly did!

melody said...

Really though, that is pretty exciting for you too. Good luck on your last few months of experiencing Utah. And I am serious about the get-together. Let's do it at my house in September???

McKell&Janeene said...

Hang out with McKell and Janeene. Call me lets plan something soon!

Lauren Jayne said...

You know I approve of the Moab trip! I think you said you hadn't been when I mentioned it the other day so add a trip to Smart Cookie, a drive through any number of local canyons once the leaves change. Maybe a trip to hear Music and the Spoken Word would complete your Temple Square Experience too.

Morgan said...

I have no idea what you should do in Utah being as I have never lived there, but, I do think that you should apply for law school in San Antonio. One of my friends here, her husband just graduated and he was really happy with the price and education. If you want I can get the name of the school. Cause I think you would love it here!

The Hekking Family said...

My mother in law lives there and she said you have to go camping in the Uintah Mountains, Bridal Veil Falls and ride the tram, go to Mount Timipangoes there is a really cool cave at the top, go eat at the Mayan resturant, and go to the Lagoon! I know it is alot but maybe you will find one to your life styles! Have Fun!!!